Thursday, July 19, 2007

Apocolypto and other observations

First, Apocolypto. Now, I avoided seeing this when it first came out because I thought, who wants to see a dude running naked in the jungle? Now for some of you faithful readers, I'm sure there are those that are jumping up and down right now with your hand proudly thrust high in the air, "Me, me, I do, I do". Fair enough. But, after all of these reviews came back saying Mel may have personal problems but the boy can make great films, I thought, well, I'll rent it then.

Lesson learned - I should stick with my gut, judging a book by its cover, 'cause it hasn't failed me yet. The movie didn't suck, it was beautifully shot, great cinematography, and some pretty sweet action scenes. But it was boring, ridiculously slow in a few long chunks, and pretty uninteresting. Although, there is one scene where a woman gives birth to a baby in water and we see the kid shoot out like a torpedo. That was pretty awsellent. Not quite sweetastic, but still awesellent.

Random thoughts and observations

I hate cab drivers. They drive like the world is their own personal bumper car ride. And they are almost always foreign...except for the coked up driver we had in Atlantic City. Nevertheless, I always hear about how these drivers were doctors in their home countries and they come here and have to drive cabs. So what do we learn from this? Doctors make the worst drivers.

(((Disclaimer: the following is merely an observation not an endorsement, opinion, view, or anything of the sort, just pointing out some faulty logic)))

I read an article (article is a bit of a stretch) but the headline snagged me, mostly because it had sex in the title. Basically it asked three men and three women their views on sex occurring early on in the relationship. It was funny because two of the women were talking about how women should hold out on sex because if that's all he's after then he won't stick around. The whole why buy the cow when you get the milk for free. Or if you do it too early the relationship will only be about sex. Now, I find that wonderfully bassackwards and void of logic. They take sex, wrap it up in a box and keep it under a Sexmas tree for the man to long after, and the relationship is not supposed to be about sex? Silly rabbits. Sounds like they could use an adventure with Dora the Sexplorer.

Why are black people better at EVERY sport? I have been going to Sport Rock now at least once a week for the past several weeks, and there is this one chick there, Jasmine, who is unreal. She twists her body in so many different ways, I think her pops was a pretzel and her mom was Venus Williams. Anyway, she just glides so naturally along the wall. More so than anybody else I've seen in there, the sole exception being one of the instructors, Gerrick. Oh well, I'll just wait for black people to overtake hockey any day now.

Speaking of Sport Rock, my hands and forearms are so unbelievably weak...I am laughing otherwise I'd be weeping. But I will say this, I think I am the heaviest person that climbs at Sport Rock, so if you put my forearms and hands on any other climber they would kick some wall a$$.

Why do ribs take so long to heal? It's been almost a month since I bruised my ribs and they still kill. On the bright side, it gives me an excuse to pop Vicodin like candy. Loopy Fat Kid makes for great entertainment. It's a win/win.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rocking around the sexmas tree at the sexmas party hop...

Fat Kid Chuckles said...

I'm dreaming of a periwinkle sexmas, just like the ones I used to know.